Updated: Nov 12, 2021
I hate reading since young, it's like a nightmare when I need to read through and understand "William Shakespeare's Tempest" just to pass my literature exam. (Only years later that I realised Miranda doesn't know Ariel exists..what had I been reading then?)
It was only after high school that I discovered the joy of reading. I still remember the first book I bought (actually my brother bought it), it was a book called "IT" by Stephen King. If some of you had read the book, you will know it is very wordy and lengthy. I am still amazed how I finished reading the book in just days. The storyline is intriguing and the characters are vivid, I felt totally immersed in it at that time. It's a classic horror novel! That's the time that I realized reading can be a joy too.
Fast forward twenty-odd years, I still read every day and don't deter any genres as I believe that every type of book will always have a lesson to educate us.
Recently, I have started writing a new ebook. It will be based on how life taught me 10 lessons on humanity through encounters of my past.
Talking about writing and publishing an ebook. Do check out the easy step-by-step method that I took using the Designrr software to prepare my ebook. You will get to know how it can help us to streamline our ebook-making process, hence letting us concentrate on the content. If you can't wait to find out more, do click on this link. Designrr
Back to our topic, today I'm going to share with you ten quotes that remind me of the advantages of reading and books. Let's get to it!
1) “A book is a gift you can open again and again.” – Garrison Keillor
2) “Reading is a discount ticket to everywhere.” – Mary Schmich
3) "Books are good company, in sad times and happy times, for books are people – people who have managed to stay alive by hiding between the covers of a book.” – E.B. White
4) “Employ your time in improving yourself by other men’s writings so that you shall come easily by what others have labored hard for.” – Socrates
5) “Reading for me, is spending time with a friend.” – Gary Paulsen
6) “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin
7) “Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
8) “Think before you speak. Read before you think.” – Fran Lebowitz
9) “Books are a uniquely portable magic.” – Stephen King
10) “A good book is an event in my life.” – Stendhal
I hope that one of these quotes can inspire you to never stop reading and never stop learning through books.
Till next time.
*If you are interested in making an eBook, do check out the must-have eBook Making Tools by clicking on the link below.
Disclaimer: These links go to affiliate links where I'll earn a small commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.